Entertainment | Sports | Tech | Healthy Living

Wednesday 30 December 2015

Female Wrestler Reveals Plans For Rio 2016 Olympics

Nigerian freestyle wrestler and Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth games gold medalist, Odunayo Adekuoroye, has said that she would win a gold medal for Nigeria at the Rio Olympics games which will kick off on August 5, 2016.

Adekuoroye who spoke to Channels TV on Monday, December 28, noted that she hopes to build on her performance from her experience in India.
My next goal is to compete well at the Olympics and win gold for Nigeria. It will not be easy but I believe that with more competitions before the Olympics, I will do well in Brazil.”
“I am happy with my performance in India. It is a memorable outing for me and I am grateful that I featured in the competition. I have learnt some new things in India and I believe they will help me in other competitions,” She added.
Her coach, Purity Akuh, expressed hope that Adekuoroye’ would perform well in Brazil while adding experience with the India club, Revanta Mumbai Garuda had helped ‘sharpened her skills’ for the Rio 2016 games.
Akuh said: “The competition really helped to keep her busy after the world championships and the All Africa Games. She has really improved and sharpened her skills, which would not have happened if she had stayed at home. The Olympics is the next and I believe she will do well in Brazil.
Adekuoroye was the first Nigerian wrestler to qualify for the Games after winning bronze at the 2015 World Wrestling Championships in Las Vegas in September.
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Paid Ads : Tropical Painting Services

Paid Ads : Tropical Painting Services
Tropical Painting Services is an organization established to give elegant painting works and designs to homes within and outside Nigeria.

Song of the Week

New Music: Lexyfash - The Sound

After the successful release of Carry Go featuring Oyinkanade, your favorite boy Lexyfash is back with a fresh and tight jam titled The...

Pages

Search This Blog

Your e-mail address is incorrect. Please check it and try again.

Thanks for your subscription!

Blog Archive

Blog Archive