Entertainment | Sports | Tech | Healthy Living

Wednesday 25 November 2015

Wizkid - I don't sing because of awards


In a recent interview with The Fada, an American music magazine, Wizkid spoke about his career thus far, answering questions hovering around his awards, his recent hit song Ojuelegba and his upcoming album – Sounds From The Other Side.
Speaking about being nominated for Best African Act, following the success of his hit single Ojuelegba, as well as a remix version by Drake and Skepta, he said:
“My real fans know I am not really about that kind of thing. “That was not the reason why I fell in love with music.” “I knew it was a good song.”
He further said: “But I didn’t expect it to blow up the way that it did.” While speaking about the song title, which shares the same name with a popular Lagos suburb Ojuelegba, he disclosed that his parents still lives there. “My parents still live there. We have a house there,” he said.
When asked about his upcoming EP ‘Sounds from the Other side’, the singer said: “I’m a perfectionist. I can listen to the music now and tomorrow I’ll be like, ‘Yo, I feel we need to change this’, and then we have to go back to the drawing board.”
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Paid Ads : Tropical Painting Services

Paid Ads : Tropical Painting Services
Tropical Painting Services is an organization established to give elegant painting works and designs to homes within and outside Nigeria.

Song of the Week

New Music: Lexyfash - The Sound

After the successful release of Carry Go featuring Oyinkanade, your favorite boy Lexyfash is back with a fresh and tight jam titled The...

Pages

Search This Blog

Your e-mail address is incorrect. Please check it and try again.

Thanks for your subscription!

Blog Archive

Blog Archive